On October 23, 2020, one of the most long-awaited series started on Netflix. So far there is no official information about the release date of The Queen’s Gambit season 2 episode 1. But good ratings and favor of the audience can “extend” the project for the second part.
The exact release date of the series “The Queen’s Gambit” season 2 with the schedule of all series can be found below in the article.
The Queen’s Gambit Plot
The mini-series about the gifted chess player instantly attracted the audience. He immediately found himself on the first line in the top ten most popular shows of the streaming giant. No wonder that now the audience is puzzled by the release date of The Queen’s Gambit season 2.
The tape is based on a work of the same name by Walter Tevis. He published the work in 1983. The writer has been fond of this sport since childhood, so the film pays much attention to the discussion of game parties.
It remains unknown whether the lead role player had a real prototype. Some people believe that the writer was guided by the image of Bobby Fisher, who became the winner at the age of fifteen.
The 50s. In an accident and having lost her mother, Elizabeth finds herself in a children’s shelter. The girl asks one of the guards to teach her to play chess. After a while, she turns into a real master. Unfortunately, Beth has to take medication for a prolonged depression caused by the accident. On the one hand, the heroine creates brilliant combinations, being “under drugs”, on the other hand, she becomes addicted.
Time passes. Elizabeth is still winning over her rivals, only now on a global level. She still suffers from addiction. There comes a moment when a girl has to make a difficult choice – it is her life’s work or a pernicious passion.
Scott Frank’s serial project was born thanks to a happy coincidence of circumstances. Scriptwriter Allan Scott bought the rights to screen adaptation of the novel back in 1990, but the production of the series was constantly postponed. When the text fell into the hands of Frank, he decided to see it through and took upstaging the show. Professional intuition did not fail, because today an interested audience wants to know when The Queen’s Gambit season 2 will be released.
Characters and voice-over
- Beth (Anya Taylor-Joy). A talented girl, suffering from addiction.
- Shabel (Bill Camp). Guardian, who became a mentor of young talent.
- Alice (Chloe Pierry). Elizabeth’s mother.
- Benny (Thomas Sangster) Recognized US Champion.
- Harry (Harry Melling). Chess player.
Interesting facts about The Queen’s Gambit
- Some critics suggest that the image of the main character was “written off” from Bobby Fisher, a fifteen-year-old U.S. champion. At thirty he received the title, after which he became a recluse. Many people said that Fisher had mental problems.
- The show was on the first line of the most expected movies on the service. So far, the authors have not reported whether the show The Queen’s Gambit season 2 will be shown, but the audience is counting on new episodes.
- The painting was positively assessed by Kasparov himself, who lives in Croatia. He praised the absolutely accurate atmosphere of the film and also noticed that other works of this genre usually do not impress him.
- The director invited Bruce Pandolfini, a coach who advised Tevis himself, to the shooting.
The Queen’s Gambit season 2, the date of release of all series
|Name||Number of episodes||Issue Date|
|The Queen's Gambit season 2||7||no information yet|
Warning! This “The Queen’s Gambit” season 2 series release date may be changed or clarified.
The Queen’s Gambit season 2 Trailer
Sorry, but no trailer yet. When “The Queen’s Gambit” season 2 is released as the official trailer, we will definitely add it.